The following information was provided by the Westford Fire Department
June 17, 10:56 a.m. – An individual reported a possible fuel leak at Cornerstone Square, but upon arrival, all that was found was an unattended gas can.
June 17, 2:01 p.m. – An illegal burn was reported on Hawthorne Avenue. Firefighters advised the resident of open burning regulations and extinguished the fire.
June 17, 8:20 p.m. – While returning from another call, firefighters spotted smoke near Depot Street. Upon further investigation, it was found to be just a cooking fire.
June 20, 10:48 p.m. – Crews were dispatched to Heywood Road to investigate an odor. Upon further inspection, the odor came from a microwave that had burnt food the previous day.
June 21, 11:16 a.m. – Four units were dispatched to Texas Road for a structure fire. Upon arrival, it was discovered that the home owner had extinguished most of the fire, with firefighters extinguishing a few other hot spots.
Get the latest news around Westford every morning via e-mail! Sign up for our free daily newsletter!