Here are excerpts from the Westford Fire Department log for the week of June 22-28, with additional information provided by the Westford Fire Department.
Sunday, June 22 – 11:05 a.m. – Smoke was reported on Myrtle Avenue, but it turned out to be a legal cooking fire.
Tuesday, June 24 – 5:07 p.m. – An illegal fire begun by a homeowner on Elm Road was extinguished.
Thursday, June 26 – 1:00 a.m. – What was described as a peculiar odor on Sequoia Road turned out to be a leaking 250 pound propane tank.
Crews helped seal the leak, with the home owner being advised to contact their propane company.
Friday, June 27 – 3:15 p.m. – A homeowner on Broadway Street in Graniteville reported a strange odor as well, this one coming from a circuit breaker after it had tripped.
However, firefighters were unable to detect the odor or its earlier cause, despite an investigation.
Friday, June 27, 7:41 p.m. – A motor vehicle crash at the Exit 32 on-ramp of 495 Northbound resulted in an injury. No further information was available.