The following are excerpts from the Westford Fire Department log. All information was provided by the Westford Fire Department.
July 15, 6:41 p.m. – Smoke was reported near the Robinson School. After an investigation, it was determined that lightning struck a nearby tree.
A fire that had begun due to the lightning strike was extinguished
July 17, 4:18 p.m. – Westford firefighters aided their Chelmsford colleagues with a gas leak along I-495 Northbound between Exit 32 and 33.
It was determined by Chelmsford firefighters that the vehicle had run over something, causing minor damages.
July 17, 7:30 p.m. – A resident reported smoke near the corner of West Prescott Street and Village View Road in Forge Village coming from a vehicle tire.
It was determined the smoke was due to overheated brakes on the vehicle attached to the tire.
July 19, 8:06 a.m. – More Smoke was spotted near Concord Road, but after further investigation it was determined to be a cooking fire.