21Jul14 Westford Police Logo

Fake Grandson Learns Real Grandson Is In Jail For Attempted Murder

The following information was provided by the Westford Police Department. Anyone arrested is assumed innocent unless proven guilty by a court of law.

July 9, 12:52 p.m. – A woman arrived at the Westford Police station to report trouble she was having with the staff at the Cornerstone Square Verizon Wireless store.

Her daughter had purchased a phone which had broke and she demanded to have it replaced a week earlier.

According to police reports, the woman had entered the store several times during that week in the attempts to talk to a higher ranking official at the store with no success.

She arrived at the store and learned that the insurance company that covered the phone had gone bankrupt, but store officials offered her a used phone as a replacement.

At this point according to details provided by store officials to the Westford Template, the woman became disruptive, at one point blocking the door to stop other customers from entering.

Store officials told her to leave, at which point she called Verizon Wireless before heading to the station for legal advice on how to move forward.

An officer went down to the store and was told by store officials that they were apologetic and would be happy to help the woman if she did not disrupt any customers.

The matter was later resolved amicably between the store and the customer without further police intervention.

July 17 11:01 a.m. – A grandmother on Long Sought for Pond Road called the police after a reported scam.

The previous day she reported that someone claiming to be her grandson called asking for money, but could not answer personal family questions that the grandson should know.

At this point, the grandmother revealed to the caller was currently in jail for attempted murder in Oregon, with the caller then saying he was going to be moved to another state and his lawyer would call with details.

The next day, an attorney named “Harvey Mahoney” called requesting she withdraw $10,000 to help the grandson, at which point the grandmother immediately hung up, later calling relatives to confirm that there were no plans to move the grandson at this time.

That call came from 514-449-9800, a cell phone number in Quebec.

An officer called the number and a woman answered, unaware of the incident.

July 20, 1:14 a.m. – A loud party was reported on Lawson Road.

Upon further investigation, it was discovered that the homeowner was throwing a birthday party for his daughter, who had just turned 21 and that everyone was over the age of 21 at the party.

Everyone at the party was requested to go inside for the rest of the night by the homeowner.