The following are highlights from the Westford Fire Department log for the week of Aug. 10 to 17.
Aug. 10, 3:41 p.m. – Smoke was reported in the area of Depot Street and Meyler Way.
After investigation, the smoke was coming from a legal cooking fire.
Aug. 11, 1:00 p.m. – A series of fires were ignited along train tracks in Nabnasset due to a series of sparks emanating from a train passing through.
For more, see the full story.
Aug. 11, 5:22 p.m. – Firefighters helped clean a small amount of oil that spilled on Graniteville Road. Upon further investigation, the oil was determined to be diesel fuel.
Aug. 13, 7:02 p.m. – Three units responded to an alarm at the British Beer Company. It was determined a faulty heat detector was the issue.