21Jul14 Westford Police Logo

Groton Road Woman Seeks End To Poems From Prisoner

The following information was provided by the Westford Police Department. Anyone arrested is assumed innocent unless proven guilty by a court of law.

Aug. 19, 1:00 p.m. – A woman living on Groton Road went to the Westford Police station asking for advice on how to file a harassment complaint. The complaint was against a man she had not seen in four years.

This man was incarcerated and now was an inmate at Billerica House of Correction and had recently begun sending poems, stories and songs, but no threats.

He also sent messages to the woman that he wanted to start a family with her once leaving prison.

The couple had dated briefly in 2007.

She went on to tell Westford Police that the man had also sent non-threatening items when he was incarcerated in a Cambridge prison.

The officer explained how to file the complaint, she said she would file the paperwork immediately. The officer also advised staff at the Billerica House of Correction about the incident.

Aug. 23, 10:26 a.m. – An officer was dispatched to Petco at Cornerstone Square after it was discovered one twenty dollar bill did not look the same as the others.

According to the reports, the bill appeared to be counterfeit after examining the reflective ink, paper linen stock and color of the bill.

It was collected as evidence, with a report issued to the U.S. Secret Service.

There were no suspects in the incident.

Aug. 23, 7:55 p.m. – A man and woman from California and Carlisle passed out at the Blues’n’Brews festival and several patrons told an officer on scene that they appeared to be intoxicated.

After waking up, the couple told the officer that they had a ride home, which arrived shortly afterward. No further issues were reported.

Aug. 30, 12:37 a.m. – An anonymous caller at the Abbot Mill apartment complex called after two male neighbors were spotted arguing loudly, with the possibility of a physical altercation.

The officer on the scene was just arriving from a nearby call to discover from dispatch that one of the men was heading down Pond Street wearing a red cap and red shorts.

An initial search for the man was fruitless, the he was eventually found near the corner of Bradford and Pleasant Street, although eventually he ran down a nearby ramp and escaped from sight.

Several more officers arrived on the scene to join in the search for the man as well as ascertaining more information from the caller. It was discovered that the two men were visiting the caller’s apartment for the evening, but she was unsure what the two were arguing about.

Eventually the red shorts man was discovered smelling of alcohol, but with no signs that the argument had gotten physical.

The red shorts man told the officer that he did not remember what the argument was about, but it was foolish and he wanted to go to bed.

Approximately two hours later, the tenant called again, saying she had observed one of the men trying to drive away despite being intoxicated.

Officers returned, and saw that the man did in fact appear intoxicated with half dollar-sized cuts on his hips.

The man still was unsure was the argument was about from before other than “dumb guy stuff,” and guaranteed there would be no further incidents.

He also pledged to not drive off the premises and agreed to be seen by paramedics.