The following are highlights from the Westford Fire Department log for the week of Sept. 8 to 15, 2014.
Sept. 9, 11:26 p.m. – Crews were dispatched after reports of a brush fire near the corner of Brookside and Oak Hill roads, but no fire was found.
Sept. 10, 8:43 p.m. – A homeowner on Graniteville Road agreed to put out an illegally started fire.
Sept. 11, 12:32 p.m. – A report of natural gas was called in from the Millennium School, but upon further investigation, no gas was found.
Sept. 11, 4:27 p.m. – The smell of smoke brought crews to the area of Howard Road.
That smoke was found to be coming from an illegally burning fire set by a homeowner, who was advised of burning regulations after the fire was extinguished.
Sept. 12, 12:52 a.m. – Paramedics transported an injured man from the Westford Police station to Lowell General Hospital. No further information was provided.
Sept. 14, 4:57 p.m. – On Robbins Road, firefighters responded to an alarm. It was found to just be a heat detector.