The following are highlights from the Westford Fire Department log for the week of Oct. 6 to Oct. 12
Oct. 6, 8:55 a.m. – Smoke was reported behind an unspecified building on Groton Road. However, upon arrival it was determined that the smoke was coming from a furnace functioning normally.
Oct. 6, 5:46 p.m. – Crews were dispatched to a home on Fir Road after the homeowner reported a gaseous smell. It was determined to be coming from a stove.
The home was ventilated.
Oct. 7, 3:33 p.m. – A crew was dispatched to a home on Forge Village Road for an unknown odor, but nothing was found.
Oct. 8, 7:26 p.m. – A fire alarm was pulled in the auxiliary gymnasium of Westford Academy. The system was reset upon arrival, no further information was provided.
Oct. 10, 3:56 p.m. – Firefighters responded after reports of a car engine fire at Westford Valley Marketplace on Littleton Road. The fire was extinguished in an unspecified amount of time.
Oct. 11, 7:15 p.m. – A resident near Fairview Road reported a potential fire on Fairview Road, but upon further inspection, it was actually just chimney smoke.