The following are highlights from the Westford Fire Department log for the week of Oct. 12 to 19, 2014.
Oct. 14, 7:01 a.m. – A home owner on Southgate Road called after an alarm, it turned out the home owner had a faulty smoke detector.
Oct. 14, 7:01 p.m. – Two residents on Pierce Avenue were spoken to after reports of smoke in the area. It was discovered they had started an illegal cooking fire.
Oct. 15, 9:01 a.m. – First responders were on the scene at a motor vehicle crash at the corner of Lincoln Street and Boston Road.
Two vehicles were involved, with damage to the front end of one vehicle and damage to the rear driver’s side tire of the other vehicle.
No transport was required for injuries.
Oct. 16, 8:46 a.m. – A driver drove into a telephone pole on Acton Road on their front passenger side door. The pole had broken, no injuries were reported.
Additional information was not available.
Oct. 16, 3:02 p.m. – Two vehicles were involved in a head-on collision at the intersection of Boston Road and Main Street. Neither driver needed medical treatment.