21Jul14 Westford Fire Logo

Westford Firefighters Help Residents Find Source Of Gaseous Odors

The following are highlights from the Westford Fire Department log for the week of Sept. 29 to Oct. 5, 2014

Sept. 28, 7:03 p.m. – Firefighters intervened after reports of smoke on Chicory Road. It turned out to be a legal cooking fire.

Sept. 30, 11:50 a.m. – A driver was leaking gas on Littleton Road near Red Hat and pulled into Thrifty Car Rental. Firefighters helped stop the leak and clean up what had spilled. Information was not provided on how much was leaked.

Oct. 1, 2:31 p.m. – Three units were dispatched after reports of a gas leak on Line Road. The smell was determined to be coming from a stove burner that had been left on. The building in question was ventilated.

Oct. 2, 10:31 a.m. – Another gas leak, this one in Sawmill Road. Again, a stove burner was the cause of the odor. That building was also ventilated.

Oct. 3, 12:35 p.m. – Near the Groton Road Dunkin’ Donuts, another driver spotted that their vehicle was leaking gas. Firefighters were called, but the problem was solved prior to their arrival.

Oct. 3, 3:05 p.m. – There were minor injuries from a two car accident on Depot Street. No hospitalization was needed, further information was not provided.

Oct. 3, 10:04 p.m. – Two units were dispatched for an accident on 495 Northbound north of Boston Road.

The accident was just over the Chelmsford border and the crew provided assistance until Chelmsford firefighters could take over the scene.