21Jul14 Westford Fire Logo

Burning Smell in Graniteville Road Home, Resident Flags Down Fire Truck

The following are highlights from the Westford Fire Department log from Oct. 27 to Nov. 10

Oct. 30, 7:25 a.m. – A telephone pole caught on fire near the Ace Hardware on Groton Road.

The fire began due to an electrical wire that had snapped, which was potentially due to a squirrel gnawing through the wires or something else severing the wires.

What actually did sever the wires was not fully determined according to the Fire Department.

Oct. 31, 7:21 p.m. – A fire alarm was pulled at the Westford Valley Marketplace Chipotle.

The fire alarm was not pulled intentionally, but the Fire Department did not provide any additional information beyond that.

Nov. 3, 1:26 p.m. – A resident on Graniteville road started to smell something burning in their kitchen and immediately ran outside.

At that point, they saw a fire truck coming down the road and flagged it down, requesting that they investigate the problem.

The issue turned out to be a dust buildup on a refrigerator motor, which was promptly cleaned, removing the issue.

Nov. 5, 3:03 p.m. – Firefighters investigated a fire alarm at residence on Depot Street. However, it turned out to be construction workers who accidentally tripped the alarm.

Nov. 8, 5:53 p.m. – Paramedics were dispatched after a car reportedly hit a large rock on Hildreth Street. However, it was discovered that the driver had not sustained significant injuries.