The following was submitted by the Friends of the Parkerville Schoolhouse. To submit your own content, e-mail [email protected]
The public is invited to the annual Parkerville Schoolhouse Open House on Sunday, Nov. 1, from 1 to 4 p.m. The open house at the 1880 District School #5 is sponsored by the Friends of Parkerville Schoolhouse.
This historic schoolhouse was placed on the National Schoolhouse Register by the Country School Association of America in 2010 and continues to bring pride to this village and town.
The schoolhouse, located in Westford at the corner of Carlisle and Concord Roads, continues to be used for the “Old School Days” program for all Westford third graders each spring. The town-owned building is also used for scout meetings and other small groups.
View original artifacts from this schoolhouse, which closed in 1929, and reminisce with the Friends of Parkerville Schoolhouse board members and schoolmarms. Although the town owns and insures the building, all of the Friends’ projects are done at no cost to the town.
Parkerville Schoolhouse note cards and forest green T-shirts, sweatshirts, and tote bags will be available for sale. Refreshments will be served.