Man Becomes Verbally Abusive During Situation With Dying Dog

The following information was obtained from the Westford Police Records Department. Reader discretion is advised.

March 17, 1:36 p.m. – An employee at Lamaccia Realty called for advice with a man she had been talking to recently.

The man had been talking to her via cell phone and in person at the officer, saying she wanted to do business with her.

Although the man, who was from Holden, did not threaten the employee, he continually changed his mind about what he wanted.

Eventually the employee said she could no longer help the man and he became angry. The employee didn’t want the man contacted, he just wanted the incident documented.

March 21, 9:32 p.m. – An officer was dispatched to Westford Veterinary Emergency Services Center at Cornerstone Square after reports of a male customer who was verbally abusive.

Employees at the center were concerned that man could return in the future and become violent at employees or other customers.

The man’s dog had been struck by a car in Lowell and he came to the center to obtain treatment for the dog. However, he became extremely upset after learning the cost estimate for the dog’s treatment, throwing pieces of paper around the office.

After documents were signed by the man, the pet was euthanized. However, he was still angry and began to get angry at other customers in the lobby. He wanted to retrieve the dog’s ashes, but left in anger before setting a day to retrieve the ashes.

The officer advised the employee that the man would be contacted and advised that he is not welcome again at the Veterinary Center unless authorized by the employees of the Veterinary Center.

At this point, the officer contacted the man, who apologized for his actions. He said he was under a lot of stress due to the untimely passing of his pet and the price of the treatment triggered an emotional outburst. The officer reminded the man that the employees were following protocol and they were concerned for their safety after the man’s behavior.

He was advised not to return unless allowed by the employees. He understood.

March 22, 8:09 p.m. – An officer was dispatched to Lawson Road after reports of a suspicious man soliciting. The officer saw the man earlier on his shift and did not need a permit because he was working for a non-profit organization.

The Lawson Road resident was concerned that the man went to the back door instead of the front door, but upon further inspection, there was a light on at the back door and not the front door at the residence in question.