Subscribe to our free, daily publication for all your Westford news.
This is an important message from Westford emergency management on AM radio 1630 owned and operated by the town of Westford, Massachusetts.
This information is being broadcast due to the forecasted snow storm, high winds, and cold temperatures. Westford residents are reminded that the winter parking ban is in effect and will remain in effect throughout clean up efforts. During this time there is absolutely no on street parking.
Vehicles parked on roadways will be ticketed and may be towed.
Here is some information to keep in mind before, during and after the storm:
- Stock up on extra batteries;
- When placing your trash out for pick up please remember not to place barrels in road way, please keep them in your driveway and or on curb;
- As the snow accumulates do not place any snow into the roadways;
- Check and clear any vents that may get obstructed by drifting blowing snow;
- Turn up your heat and cancel any pre set backs on your thermostats;
- Run your water often during extreme cold.
- Make sure you know the locations of your water shut off.
- In the event of loss of power do not run generators inside any part of your home or garage.
- And as always remember to check on your neighbors.
For police, fire or ambulance you should call Westford Public Safety Communications Department at 978-399-2345, 978-692-2161 or 978-692-5542.
Remember 911 is for emergencies only.~
Continue to tune in to AM 1630, go to~the town’s Facebook page~and other town facebook pages for updates about town services or cancellations, and other important information throughout the storm event.~