Editor’s Note: Veterans Service Officer Ryan Cobleigh sent the greeting below in an effort to encourage military members to join in.
“Good afternoon Westford Residents. We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these times. After much consideration, the Veterans Day ceremonies for 2020 are cancelled due to safety concerns. However, we are producing a video with WestfordCAT to honor all veterans and those currently serving in the military. This year we would like to include short videos from our local veterans. If interested, please see the attached pdf for more information. Once completed the video will be broadcasted in multiple locations on and around Veterans Day… Thank you for your understanding.” – Ryan Cobleigh, Westford, Veteran’s Service Officer
Westford Veterans: Send Us Your Veterans Day Cell Phone Video Messages.
Due to the pandemic, Westford Veterans Services will be teaming up with Westford CAT to create a TV program for Veterans Day (Nov. 11).
We would love to include Westford veterans by asking you to submit a short cell-phone
video (5-20 seconds long) with a message appropriate for Veterans Day, and we’ll edit them together for the TV program. Take the video selfie-style or have a friend/relative shoot it for you. Here are some message ideas if you need one:
• A general message like “Support our veterans,” or “Thank you for your support”
• Mention Westford Veterans Services, a veteran’s charity, or other ways to thank and help our vets
• Offer encouragement, advice, or insight about getting through these tough times
• How are you getting through this pandemic, and what keeps you moving forward?
• Do you have a favorite inspirational quote or motto that inspires you?
• Honor a loved one or fellow veteran by sharing their name or a memory; feel free to
include your family or pets also!
• Ask people to take a moment to remember our veterans’ service and sacrifice
We can look to our veterans for inspiration on getting through these difficult times. YOU
understand what it is like to tackle seemingly insurmountable challenges, to band together, to sacrifice for the common good, and to channel love of country into making the world a better place.
Please email your short video clip BY NOVEMBER 5 to Veterans/Cemetery Assistant
Heather Monahan at [email protected] To protect your privacy, we will list the videos by FIRST NAME and MILITARY BRANCH, so please include. We will use as many submissions as we can, editing for time or content as necessary.
We will use as many submissions as we can, editing for time or content as necessary.
Please pass this invite along to a fellow vet so we can reach as many as possible. Thank you for considering the idea, for sharing your videos, and for your service to our country.
Stay well, stay positive, and stay strong!