The following was submitted by Patti Mason. To submit your own content, e-mail the editor at [email protected]
The Westford Family FunFest and the Westford Regency Inn and Conference Center invites you or your organization, schools, civic, business, community or church groups to decorate an artificial tree or wreath for the 2nd Annual Westford Festival of Trees/Wreaths Celebration. The Festival of Trees and Wreaths will be on display at the Westford Regency Inn and Conference Center from December 3 -14. 2014 New for 2014 – Decorated Wreaths!
As part of the Festival you or your organization can decorate an artificial tree or a wreath in a special theme. They will be located in special display areas of the Westford Regency including: Atrium, Lobby area, restaurants and other areas of the hotel as needed.
An opening reception will be held at the Westford Regency on Wednesday, December 3 from 6pm – 8:30pm with light refreshment, music, voting most popular, tree/wreath silent auction starts and more fun. The Westford Festival of Trees is sponsored by the Westford Regency Inn, Circle Health/ Lowell General Hospital, Enterprise Bank, Emerson Hospital, and westford.com.
The Decorated Trees/Wreaths will be judged on creativity and imagination.
- Prizes –Special certificates – Display at the hotel for an extra week for all winners –
- First Place ($50), second place ($25) will be awarded for each division.
- Plus bragging rights for the whole year including on the Westford FunFest Website.
- Four divisions:
- Youth up to high school – (individuals and organizations)
- High School – adults. (individuals and organizations)
- Business/Civic/Town Departments
- Mini Tree – special division
- Wreaths – all sizes
- Public will vote for the “Most Popular” will receive a special prize.
- Winning trees will be on display in the hotel until Friday, December 19th
- Pick the theme for you tree/wreaths. It can be holiday, sports, travel, arts/music, cultural, school, or any other theme. You can decorate under/around the tree if desired.
- You can include gift cards or special items on the tree/wreaths if you want to auction off your tree (see below).
- Artificial Trees/ Wreaths ONLY– NO live trees or wreaths . The Tree/Wreath and all the decorations/lights on or below tree are supplied by you or organization/business. Bring extension cord if needed.
- Signage – Theme and name of individual, organization, business or group on or near tree/wreath
- Size of Trees/Wreath accepted: including base to topper of Tree listed below: :
- Mini Tree – up to 24”, Small tree – 2’ to 3’, Middle Tree – 4’-5’, Large Tree – 6’ – 8’
- Wreaths – up to max 24”. If larger– please email to get ok Limited space for large wreaths.
Trees must be set-up between 12noon – 8pm on Tuesday, December 2nd only – all areas must be kept clean and materials taken with you that are not part of the tree.
Cost: Free, if registered by November 24, 2014 – $10 charge after that date – make check payable to Westford Family FunFest.
If you or your organization would like to make this a fundraiser – The tree/wreath can be part of the Silent Auction that is open to the public. 100% of the silent auction winning bid goes back to the person/organization or business that entered the tree. Two divisions: Tree/Wreath with all decorations and Ornaments only on Tree ( tree is not part of the Silent Auction). The Auctioned off trees/ Ornaments/wreaths will be picked up on Monday, December 15th between 3pm and 6 pm unless arrangements are made.
Visit www.westford.com/funfest for more information or send an email to [email protected] for questions. Send/email Application – deadline December 1, 2013. Westford Family FunFest P.O. Box 134 Westford, MA 01886 OR email to [email protected]