Home Uncategorized Additional Information Regarding Westford Package Fake ID Incident

Additional Information Regarding Westford Package Fake ID Incident


The following information came from the Westford Police Records Department. Anyone accused of a crime is innocent unless proven guilty by a court of law.

April 4, 3:06 p.m. – Police were dispatched to the Netscout building at 310 Littleton Rd. for a reported car crash.

Upon arrival, officers met with the owner of a Toyota Camry who said they were t-boned by an individual driving a Ford pickup truck with a plow.

The driver of the truck did not have a license, only a passport. He was issued a citation and a family member arrived to pick him up.

No one was injured.

April 8, 7:01 p.m. – An individual at Marshall’s called police after she suspected that co-workers may be up to potential criminal activity.

The Marshall’s employee was not entirely sure of what the co-workers did, and was not sure of their exact names.

Police informed the employee that without further information, no action should be taken. She was advised to talk with a supervisor regarding her concerns as well.

April 16, 8:02 p.m. – Police were dispatched to Westford Package Store at Westford Plaza after reports of a fake ID being used to purchase liquor.

Officers met with employees on the scene who said that an individual entered the store five minutes earlier and attempted to purchase a 30 pack and 24 pack of beer, producing a South Carolina driver’s license.

The individual was asked to produce another form of identification, which the employees said was standard procedure for out-of-state licenses.

Although the individual said he did not have additional identification, the employees said they saw other forms of identification in his wallet and double checked the driver’s license against a log of various state licenses.

At this point, the individual left the store and the employees could not get a license plate number.

A database search of the driver’s license revealed no matches and the only person with the individual’s name came up as a person in Dedham, who also shared the same picture as the person on the South Carolina license.

Dedham Police were contacted, but they were unable to find the person fitting the description.

One day later however, Dedham Police did find the individual and informed him that he was being sought for questioning regarding the incident.

The individual was eventually brought back for an interview along with his father on May 7 after several attempts to set a date.

The individual told police that he left after the clerk asked for ID and regretted his choice. He agreed to serve 40 hours of community service and undergo an alcohol awareness program in lieu of charges.

The matter was also discussed at the April 26 Board of Selectmen meeting.