Market News – August 30 is submitted by Sustainable Westford. To submit your own content email [email protected]
Doggie Parade and Contest Coming to Today’s Market! Bring your dogs down to the Market this week for our annual Doggie Parade and Contest! The parade begins at 5:00pm at the Bandstand. It will be judged by pet professionals and awards will be given for:
- Best Trick
- Best Outfit
- Best Looking
- Best Bark/Howl
- Crowd Favorite
- Registration is required … read more
Coming Next Week – Kids Day: At next week’s Market, September 6th, it will be KIDS DAY! Kids Cooking Green and Tinkergarten® will both be on hand to entertain and teach kids about healthy green living!
This Week’s Vendor List: To view a full list of vendors attending this week, scroll below. Note: Not all vendors will attend every Market.
Vendors Who Accept Credit Cards: Many of our vendors accept credit cards. A complete list of vendors accepting cards is here.
What Produce Is Available This Week? Ever wonder what specific time of year is peak season for enjoying different kinds of delicious Massachusetts grown produce? The Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources provides an easy-to-read month by month chart. Click here to find out what’s being harvested now, and visit this weeks’ Farmers Market to stock up on fresh, locally produce!
Help Wanted – Musicians for 2017 Market Season: The Westford Farmers Market is seeking professional Westford musicians for the 2017 season of the Market. Grant funding may be available. Please send name, contact info, and credentials to [email protected].
SNAP Bonus Bucks: Donate to the SNAP Bonus Bucks Program to encourage users of SNAP benefits to double their funds at the Westford Farmers Market. With your donation, families can spend their doubled SNAP dollars on healthy food from local farms and sustainable businesses. A Donation Box will be at the Market’s SNAP table. So far, we’ve raised $2,567 towards our $3000 goal! 100% of your donation goes directly to SNAP users. Click here to learn more about SNAP Bonus Bucks.
This Week’s Vendor Specials
- YouLove Bakery: Buy 3 of any of our Baklava, cookie, whoopee pies or ice cream varieties and receive the 4th one half off.
- Children’s Face Painting and Crafts – Free – The children’s activities this week are free face painting and crafts. The craft for this week is “Animal Ears Headband”. Children are invited to stop by to make and decorate a pair of doggie ears to wear as they march in or watch this week’s “Doggie Parade and Contest!”
- WA Team Fundraiser: Get a Fun, Temporary Tattoo! The Market could not function without the help of our team of Westford Academy student volunteers. The volunteers are offering stylish temporary tattoos! Recommended donation of $2.00 per tattoo. The volunteers are raising funds for kids’ activity crafting supplies, the T-shirts they wear, and other needed supplies for this Market season.
- Music and Performing Arts on the Common. Enjoy songs, music and performing arts from local musicians! This week’s scheduled performers: 2:30 to 5:00pm – Trumpeter and vocalist Rick Lundquist. Bill Harman on piano.
- Crafter: Crystal Rock Arts will be making Mica Earrings at the Farmers Market and showcasing their “Grab Bags” for $5 each. They will have plenty of Crystal Rock Arts Jewelry such as earrings, pendants, and even artwork made in their own lapidary and jewelry studio in Westford.
Revolusun: Going solar can have positive impacts on the environment, but did you know that it can also have positive impacts on your wallet? In addition to saving money on your electric bill, you can sell your excess energy back to the power company. Revolusun will at the Market this week answering all questions about solar power…Learn more
Tinkergarten®: Provides the best early childhood education in the healthiest classroom of all—the outdoors. They match families with leaders in their local community who offer activity-based kids classes that help them develop the skills that matter most—all while having fun! Tinkergarten will be at the Market this week giving all children a hands-on sampling of some of the things they can explore, such as mud pies, fairy bands and wind flags! So bring your kids, discover nature, and have fun!
Health – Corrective Care Chiropractic- Drs. David and Carla Leclerc of Corrective Care Chiropractic are a husband and wife team who have been helping Westford and surrounding communities live healthier lives since 2006. They’ll be back at the Farmers Market this Tuesday providing chiropractic evaluations and answering questions about their practice.
Non-Profit – Mass Teachers Association: The mission of the Mass Teachers Association is to promote quality public education for all students of the Commonwealth.
VENDOR LIST THIS WEEK
- Carlson Orchards, Inc.
- Dragonfly Farms
- Gaouette Farm
- Farmer Dave’s
- Mycoterra Farm
- Boston Sword & Tuna
Breads, Pastries, & Desserts
- Bagel Alley
- Purple Carrot Bread
- Youlove Bakery (Greek pastry/organic ice cream)
- Hawaiian Shaved Ice
- Prepared Food
- Samosa Man Exotic Foods
- Samira’s Homemade
- Kabob House
- Teddy’s Lunch Box (Food Truck)
- Muddy Water Coffee
- Aaronap Cellars (Wine)
- Powerhouse Juice
Condiments, Prepared Mixes, & Gluten Free
- Nissitissit Apiaries (Honey)
- Carolyn’s Farm Kitchen (jams, jelly, etc)
- Valicenti Pasta Farm