The following Westford Farmers’ Market update for August 16 was submitted by Gloria Gilbert of Sustainable Westford. To submit your own content, e-mail [email protected]
It’s Kids Vending Day This Week
Hey kids–ever wanted to be a vendor at the Farmers Market? Now’s your chance! Bring your own arts or crafts to sell at the Market-you set the price, you keep the profits! Parents—here’s a chance for an economics lesson in action. Teach your children about profits, pricing, and selling. Check website for rules, and some creative ideas!
Musicians for 2017 Market Season
The Westford Farmers Market is seeking professional Westford musicians for the 2017 season of the Market. Grant funding available. Please send name, contact info, and credentials and fee to [email protected]. Schedule to be be mutually agreed upon during the upcoming market season.
This Week’s Vendor List
We are sad to announce that Town Farm Gardens and Flats Mentor Farms will no longer be attending the Westford Farmers Market. We wish them much success for the rest of the season, and beyond! View a full list of vendors attending this week below. Note: Not all vendors will attend every Market.
SNAP Bonus Bucks
Donate to the SNAP Bonus Bucks Program to encourage users of SNAP benefits to double their funds at the Westford Farmers Market. With your donation, families can spend their doubled SNAP dollars on healthy food from local farms and sustainable businesses. A Donation Box will be at the Market’s SNAP table. So far, we’ve raised $2,267 towards our $3000 goal! 100% of your donation goes directly to SNAP users. Check the website to learn more about SNAP Bonus Bucks and Donors to this program.
This Week’s Vendor Specials
- DC Maple Syrup Farms – Like us on Facebook and receive a free maple candy (a $1.00 value).
- Muddy Water Coffee – Buy a 14oz bag of coffee and get a cup of coffee Free!
- Nu3Kidz – Buy 3 bags of any mix for $24 (regular price per bag is $10).
- YouLove bakery – Buy any Baklava product (Original Baklava, Chocolate Baklava, Pecan Tart, or Vanilla Baklava Organic Ice Cream) and receive 20% off of our special Baklava Assortment!
Kids Face Painting and Crafts – Free!
The children’s activities this week are free face painting and crafts. In this week’s craft, kids will paint and decorate stars and heart shapes made of salt clay dough.
WA Team Fundraiser – Get a Fun, Temporary Tattoo!
The Market could not function without the help of our team of Westford Academy student volunteers. The volunteers are offering stylish temporary tattoos! Recommended donation of $2.00 per tattoo. The volunteers are raising funds for kids’ activity crafting supplies, the T-shirts they wear, and other needed supplies for this Market season.
Music and Performing Arts on the Common
Enjoy songs, music and performing arts from local musicians! Pictured above, is a recent performance by the WA Summer School for the Performing Arts.
WFM Supporter – Whole Foods
One of our Community Spirit Level Supporters, Whole Foods of Westford, will attend the Market every week for the rest of the season, offering free samples of their many products. This week, stop by their table to taste some 365 Animal Crackers and Goldfish Crackers.
- Nashoba Learning Group is a non-profit school and adult program for individuals with autism. Our young adults at NLG are included in a vocational training program called “Just for Pets” where they make dog treats from scratch. This includes making the dough, rolling and cutting the treats, labeling the bags, and packing them. “Just For Pets” provides individuals with autism real work experience by incorporating job skills with social skills. Stop by their tent, say hello and buy some of their delicious dog treats!
- Assabet Village Co-Op Market is an initiative to open a community-owned, full-service grocery store in Maynard, MA which would serve the MetroWest region. This will promote the well-being of both our community and the environment by supporting our regional food system. At this week’s Market they will be answering questions about the Co-op and promoting their #30Ownersin30Days campaign. Also, their new tote bags will be available for purchase.
Education – Solar City
SolarCity makes it easy for customers to switch to cleaner energy. They take a comprehensive look at a customer’s energy usage and identify opportunities for improvements. If solar panels are determined to be the best solution for your home, Solar City performs the entire process, from permitting through installation, and provides ongoing monitoring and repair services.
- Carlson Orchards, Inc.
- Dragonfly Farms
- Gaouette Farm
- Farmer Dave’s
- Boston Sword & Tuna
Breads, Pastries, & Desserts
- Bagel Alley
- Purple Carrot Bread
- Youlove Bakery (Greek pastry/organic ice cream)
- Hawaiian Shaved Ice
- Samosa Man Exotic Foods
- Kabob House
- Muddy Water Coffee
- Aaronap Cellars (Wine)
- Powerhouse Juice
Condiments, Prepared Mixes, & Gluten Free
- Nissitissit Apiaries (Honey)
- Carolyn’s Farm Kitchen (jams, jelly, etc)
- Maple Syrup
- Valicenti Pasta Farm