This voter registration reminder is brought to you by Kaari Mai Tari, Town Clerk, 55 Main Street, Westford, MA 01886, tel: 978-692-5515 general office email: [email protected]. Submit your own content to [email protected].
Residents of Westford
- Are a US Citizen,
- Will be 18 on or before the next election, and
- Have not yet registered to vote at your current address… OR wish to change your party enrollment
Voter Registration Deadline:
- August 19, 2016 at 5:00pm for the State Primary of September 8, 2016
- The Town Clerk’s Office will be open until 5:00pm on Friday, August 19th.
- Register to vote or change party enrollment ONLINE
- Download a Mail-in Voter Registration Form
Note: Mail in voter registration forms must be postmarked by August 19th.
- If you will be 18 on or before the next election, you are a U.S. citizen and you live in Westford, you are eligible to register to vote in Westford. Voter registration forms are available at the Town Clerk’s Office, J.V. Fletcher Library and online. You may register to vote in person at any city or town clerk’s office, by mail or at the Registry of Motor Vehicles (online transactions at the Registry do not enable you to register to vote). Currently, the voter registration deadline is 20 days before an election (10 days before a special town meeting).
- Seventeen-year-olds, beware! You may register while you are still 17 if you will be 18 on or before election day, but you must register at least 20 days before the election.
- If you become a US citizen after the voter registration deadline and you register to vote before 4:00pm on the day before the election, you are specially qualified to vote in that election.
Not sure if you’re a registered voter or need to know where to go to vote? Check your voter registration status online!
Absentee ballots for the September 8, 2016 State Primary are now available at the Town Clerk’s office
- The deadline to apply for an absentee ballot is 12 noon the day before the election. View sample ballots.
- Your voted ballot must be received by the Town Clerk’s Office by 8:00pm on September 8, 2016 in order to be counted.
- Military and overseas voters are entitled to have an absentee ballot emailed or faxed to them.
- Follow this link for more information on military and overseas absentee voting.