Witch’s Woods, the New England Haunted Hayride and Halloween Screampark, opens Friday, Sept. 30. The park will operate every Thursday through Sunday night through the month of October, finishing on Halloween night, at Nashoba Valley Ski Area, in Westford, Massachusetts.
A cast of almost 200 character actors composed of local professionals, students, and contractors will transform into some of the most scream-inducing ghosts, ghouls, zombies and vampires, every night. This transformation is accomplished in just over an hour.
“Halloween and Haunted Houses are a New England tradition in the fall season. Witch’s Woods takes this concept and transforms this tradition into family entertainment for all ages,” said Al Fletcher, President and general manager of Nashoba Valley Ski Area. “It is a new experience at Witch’s Woods every single season. Costumes, characters, set designs and attraction themes change on an annual basis, to give the place a whole new feel each season,” Fletcher explained.
Spook-tacular attractions and exhibits at Witch’s Woods 2016 include:
- Witch’s Woods Haunted Hayride – All New Theme – ” Post-Apocalyptic Dystopia.”
- Vampire Passage – All New this Season … “Where the Night Has Fangs”
- Nightmare Mansion –“The Abandoned Haunted House” –The Ski Lodge at Nashoba Valley Ski Area is transformed into a seemingly abandoned mansion. In reality, it has been the secret home to a dark order of beings that uses the mansion as a sanctuary to perform their rituals, and ultimately their sacrifices.
- Castle Morbid –“Monsters and Beasts”
- Keeper’s Crypt 3D- “The Clown House” – Clowns are everywhere…3D glasses make the brightly decorated halls of The Keeper’s Crypt, difficult to navigate and tough to escape these creepy clowns, when they are hiding around every corner!
- Giant Animatronics – Animated creatures, including a giant mummy, a huge fly, a gargantuan spider, a giant vampire, vampire bats, a demon slayer, and an alien beast can be found around the Witch’s Wood’s grounds.
- Jack O’Lantern Jamboree – Every night, hundreds of professionally carved pumpkins will illuminate Witch’s Woods. Excellent photo opportunities and entertaining for the whole family!
- Horrorwood Chamber of Chills – This is Hollywood at Witch’s Woods, with some New Scenes this season. Computer – Generated Imagery will be incorporated in several scenes this year in Horrorwood Chamber of Chills. “CGI” is most commonly used to refer to 3D computer graphics used for creating scenes or special effects in films and television. This exhibit pays tribute to horror film icons past and present. Jason, Freddie, Count Dracula.
- Carnival Rides and Games – Test your luck at The Carnival Games and win fun prizes or try one of the Carnival rides.
Witch’s Woods 2016 Killer Thriller Stage Show Live Performances (Hourly shows):
- Hosts: New MCs— Hourly, the MCs will add their own flare and host this entertaining stage show with audience participation. Win fun prizes, including skiing and tubing tickets.
- The Time Warp… Killer Thriller/ Dance Off… Witch’s Woods Style – Audience participants will show off their ghastly and ghoulish moves out on the Main Stage in the “Thriller” dance contest to win prizes
- Monster and Vampire Trivia –
- The Gore-ified Air Guitar Contest – Selected participants will show off their best “air jam” on the Main Stage to win.
- Freaky Fire Performers – Watch Fire Poi, Fire Hooping, flaming whips, fire staff twirling and daring feats with fire, in an on the edge show.
The ticket window opens at 6:30 pm, with the last ticket being sold at 10:30 p.m. The park stays open until everyone gets through. Parking is free. Tickets to Witch’s Woods are $37. Advanced discount tickets are for sale online only, at scary low prices. Frighteningly low rates are also available to groups of 15 or more. Scary Savings Reservations for group rates must be made 24 hours in advance. For special ticket discounts, please visit Papa Gino’s, Dunkin’ Donuts, and Market Basket for coupons. To purchase tickets for groups go to: [email protected] or contact Witch’s Woods Group Sales at 978-692-3033.
Corporations and Groups can experience an outing including a “Fright Night” with a Ghoul-may Buffet and Spirits, catered by the Outlook Restaurant and Lounge. For more on catered corporate events email [email protected] or call (978) 501-4700.
Media Contact: Pam Fletcher, Cell: 978-501-4700 email: [email protected]
For more visit witchswoods.com.