Click here to have free, daily alerts delivered to your inbox for all your Westford news.
WHEN: Wednesday, Jan. 27, 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. EST
REGISTER at http://bit.ly/38iFC7G
PRESENTER: Tim Brothers, manager of the MIT Wallace Astrophysical Observatory and Vice President of the Massachusetts chapter of the International Dark Sky Association. Brothers, a resident of Pepperell, will explain the solutions that are immediately on hand, and what can be done to help the situation.
Dark Skies initiatives around the world aren’t only for the sake of better stargazing. Light pollution is one of the fastest growing environmental problems, because it negatively impacts our nighttime environment, our climate, and the health of humans, animals, and plants. Here are some of the topics that we’ll discuss:
* Wasted light means wasted energy, which means greater greenhouse gas emissions
* LED lights are more energy efficient, but they create more blue light and sky glow
* Artificial lighting disrupts ecosystems and human health
* Local legislative and town efforts that you can support
* How individual homeowners can make a difference