Community Access TV (P.E.G.) stations are doing so much across the Commonwealth, especially due to COVID-19, and we want to capture the stories from Westford that show our impact through testimonial videos.
We are looking for heartfelt stories from residents, members, producers, students, parents, nonprofits, schools, towns, and viewers that will give a testimonial about how your center has impacted them – even in a small way.
Here are a few questions that can be used as a guide for your testimonial. These are to be used as a guide only. We do not want the video to feel scripted or unauthentic. Sharing how WestfordCAT has made a difference to you and therefore “why community television matters” is the idea behind this series.
- How does community television uplift your community?
- How has community television positively impacted your life?
- What do you think community television has to offer our communities in the digital age?
- What’s the highest you’d spend to keep WestfordCAT viable?
Once we have collected all the videos, we are also hoping to create several promotional videos about community television in general and share those videos with you and other community television stations state-wide. We want to do what we can to ensure that we can serve our communities for a long, long time. We are hoping that at least 50 out of the 180+ PEG centers across Massachusetts will contribute. If you need any support recording these testimonials videos or have questions, please reach out to us at [email protected]
We do not want to leave anyone out. We are all in this together.
- 60-second video (prefer video shot horizontally but will work with portrait as well).
- No graphics or lower thirds need to be added.
- We want authentic stories, so you do not need to shoot this in your studio with a teleprompter.
- Video can be shot with a phone or it can be recorded via zoom or skype.
- If you have more than one testimonial, please share them all.
How your video will be used:
- Each week we will share a video on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Videos will be edited together later in the summer with other videos that have a similar theme or topic and re-released AND several compilation videos will be created promoting community television in general that will be share with you and state-wide Deadline
- If you want to participate, please submit your video by JUNE 30, 2021
- The video series will start in June and run through Community Media Day in October Questions for Testimonials (to be used as a guide)
Send your videos to [email protected]
Questions / Need Help?
If you need support recording these testimonial videos or have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected] Thank you!